50 Year Anniversary

On December 10, 2009, at our Christmas luncheon, we celebrated 50 years of existence for our Club.  Over 100 guests and members attended. This Christmas Luncheon also had the Installation of the Club's new Officers officiated by San Bernardino County Board of Supervisor, 2nd District, Supervisor Paul Biane.

History

The first organizing meeting for our club was held on December 16, 1959 where the first officers were installed for the following year.  There were about 80 guests in attendance.  Early in 1959, Mrs. Irene Armstrong, then President of the Crest Forest Women’s Club, made it known of the need for a Senior Citizens’ Club in Crestline.  She was very instrumental in organizing the club and served on the Board of Directors for 12 years.  The original name of the club was the Friendly Neighbors Club of Crestline.

First came the By-Laws and Standing Rules which were read and accepted at the first meeting in January, 1960.  Shortly thereafter “incorporation” became a major factor for consideration and the then President, John Quinn, was authorized to begin such proceedings.  By then there were 111 members on the roster.  The third Thursday of the month was designated as the regular meeting date (and still is).  Once the incorporation papers came through on March 15, the club changed its official name to Crest Forest Senior Citizens’ Club, Inc.  At the end of its first year, membership had grown to 150 and was solidly planted within the Crestline Community.

Supporting organizations for the creation and support of our club included:  The Crestline Resorts Chamber of Commerce, Crestline Lions Club, Crestline – Lake Gregory Rotary Club, Board of Supervisors, Regional Parks and Recreation, Soroptomist International of Crestline, Crest Forest Women’s Club and many, many organizations and businesses throughout Crestline.